It costs the U.S. Mint almost twice as much to mint each penny and nickel as the coins are actually worth. Taxpayers lost over $100 million in 2013 just through the coins being made.
1. Light doesn’t necessarily travel at the speed of light. The slowest we’ve ever recorded light moving at is 38 mph.
2. Casu marzu is a Sardinian cheese that contains live maggots. The maggots can jump up to five inches out of cheese while you’re eating it, so it’s a good idea to shield it with your hand to stop them jumping into your eyes.
3. The loneliest creature on Earth is a whale who has been calling out for a mate for over two decades — but whose high-pitched voice is so different to other whales that they never respond.
4. The spikes on the end of a stegosaurus’ tail are known among paleontologists as the “thagomizer” — a term coined by cartoonist Gary Larson in a 1982 Far Side drawing.
5. During World War II, the crew of the British submarine HMS Trident kept a fully grown reindeer called Pollyanna aboard their vessel for six weeks (it was a gift from the Russians).
6. The northern leopard frog swallows its prey using its eyes — it uses them to help push food down its throat by retracting them into its head.
7. The first man to urinate on the moon was Buzz Aldrin, shortly after stepping onto the lunar surface.
8. Necrophiliac is a person who is sexually attracted to or has sex with dead bodies
9. Bananas cannot reproduce
10. Humans have only been around for 0.004 percent of earth existence
11. If the Asteroid had hit the earth in different location ,Dinosaurs might be here today
12. The sun may be older than the earth , but the water we drink is Older than the Sun
13. In Russia there are 9 Million more Women than Men
14. North korean people think Rainbow appears because their supreme leader KIM JONG UN traveled from one end of the Rainbow to the other end .
15. The 2013 KUMBH MELA was the largest gathering of people with over about 70 million pilgrims.
16. The first rocket in india was transported on cycle
17. The Human Calculator of india , SHAKUNTALA DEVI was given this title after she demonstrated the calculation of two 13 digit numbers: 7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779 which were picked at random. She answered correctly within 28 seconds.
18. Kangaroos Can’t fart
19. A Snail can sleep for three years ..
20. May 26th is celebrated as Science day in Switzerland in the honour of former president DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM , because on the day, Kalam visited their country ..
COMMENT BELOW WHAT MADE YOU WEIRD..
Image source Wikipedia